Chocolate Orange Madelines Recipe
Chocolate Orange Madelines
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons salted butter (you'll need an additional 2 tablespoons for buttering the tray)
- 2 tablespoons organic orange zest (organic so you don't eat the pesticides on the skin)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (we used Theo Orange Dark Chocolate)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- generously grease each madeline mold with butter.
- wisk eggs, sugar and butter together until fluffy and creamy
- add flour and orange zest and mix until just combined
- divide batter between molds and bake for 9-11 minutes
- invert pan and let the cookies cool for 5 minutes
- while cookies are cooling melt chocolate being very careful not to burn. ( I would suggest starting with thirty seconds and then checking and stirring every 15 seconds.)
- Once the cookies are cool dip them head first into chocolate.
- Place the dipped cookies on a plate covered in wax paper and let chocolate harden in fridge 5 minutes.
You can find Theo Chocolate, Vegan Fair Trade sugar and incredible locally grown organic oranges at most