The Little Guys
THIS OPPORTUNITY HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH FEBRUARY 20TH
Only three years in, we are still pretty new to the blogging game and the nuances that make it work. One of the things we've been working through recently is what our collaborations with brands look like. We've had some ad campaigns and features that have been really fun and successful and others that have been frustrating. When we set out to do this blog our intention was to provide a space where thoughtful brands could get support and access to the types of audiences who are most interested in what they have to offer. Within six months we were bombarded with near daily requests asking for product reviews, features etc. We realized we'd need to set some boundaries around this and created a set of guidelines that dictate how we do features. As a whole we feel it's worked well but we recognize that sometimes these parameters exclude companies that don't have any additional resources for sponsored posts or advertising but are still making exceptional products that deserve to be celebrated. In other words, you're one of The Little Guys. We keep a list (a VERY long list) of all the brands who've reached out to us and do our very best to include as many as we can when we are putting posts together, but sometimes we fall short or just flat out forget.
We feel like we've done well. But we are ready to do more.
In addition to a reworking of our collaboration guidelines to create more opportunities for brands to introduce themselves to Let's Be Fair readers, we are going to give two deserving brands a free, custom designed ad spot on our blog for the rest of 2015.
This opportunity is open to brands who fit into the following description:
1. Your brand is focused on fairly traded, ethically sourced and life impacting goods.
2. You have less than 10,000 followers total on your various social media channels.
3. You have been in business for at least one year and can tell us details about the artisans you specifically employ. At this time, this opportunity is not open to shops that stock a variety of goods from different brands.
Interested? We will be accepting initial submissions through Friday February 6th. Please email Dominique@letsbefairblog.com with the following information to be considered for this opportunity.
1. What is the name of your brand and how long have you been in business.
2. In what part/s of the world do you work.
3. What is your vision/mission statement and how is the work you're currently doing reflecting this.
We are so excited about this and hoping to be introduced to some new brands we haven't even heard of yet! To all the brands we've worked with and the ones we've yet to meet, thank you. Your story and work are so important and it's an honor to be a small part of it.
image credit: YES, YOU CAN print by Colour Moon