Gifts for New Moms
So many friends are having babies! Contributor (and brand new mom!) Ashlie of Nula Kids shares her finds for the new parents in our lives.
Because she’s adjusting to a completely new lifestyle, not to mention the lack of sleep, your new mom deserves a little extra love. Read on for a few gift ideas she’s sure to appreciate.
1. Having a baby is tough. The weeks/ months that follow can be just as hard, if not harder. Pamper your new mom with a recovery kit. This organic, made in the USA kit from Earth Mama features five products to soothe and aid with healing from top to bottom.
2. She will be taking a ton of photos. A ton. Let her make tactile memories out of the digital ones with Printstagram. Options include books, posters, calendars, magnets and more. She can print photos from her phone, computer, or Instagram feed.
3. Subscription boxes make great gifts for anyone, especially a new mom with little time to research products. Treat her to Conscious Box. Conscious Box curates a mixed box of food, home and beauty products. Dietary options, guaranteed non-GMO products and support for sustainable, fair trade companies take this subscription service to the next level.
4. If you are looking for a more traditional gift, these handcrafted initial necklaces from Olive Yew! are sure to please. Additional initials can be added for spouses or other children.
5. Offering to help is a wonderful gift all on its own. But general offers (i.e. “let me know what I can do”) may leave mom struggling to figure out a task for you. More specific offers (i.e. I can bring over dinner next Wednesday) take off the pressure and make clear your intentions. Family members can take it one step further with these cute new parent coupons. I promise she will be cashing these in.